About Atlantica Shipping
Oslo-based Atlantica Shipping AS was established in January 1997. Atlantica is owned by management, local investors, Egon Oldendorff and A. M. Nomikos. The company started as an operator of vessels, but has evolved into being a shipowner and manager.
Atlantica’s main activity is to own and operate vessels within various segements. We take an opportunistic approach to ship investment. Since inception we have been involved in approximately 80 vessels. This includes both secondhand tonnage and newbuildings.
Atlantica currently has 19 vessels in its portfolio. Vessels employment are a mix between long term charters and spot related employment.
Johan Werner, Partner
Robert Vargum, Partner
Ole Martin Røseth, Partner
Endre Landbø, Partner & Managing Director
History of Atlantica Shipping
- Incorporated in 1997
- Established with a goal to own and operate dry bulk vessels and initiate shipping projects
- COA with Norwegian state owned company carrying Olivin sand and gravel and with Scancem, carrying sement in the Atlantic
- Dry bulk chartering brokerage until 2006 acting for a few exclusive clients
- Management of B. Skaugen`s dry bulk vessels
- Has become a project based ship owner, first vessel bought in 1998
- Profitable each year since incorporation